Page Title: Olansi - , ,
August 09, 2021 01:58
Focus order must be meaningful
Page 1: Olansi - , ,
|Manual Check||Check the "tab" focus order of the page to make sure the sequence of focusable elements is meaningful.|
|Hidden||The 53 links, form controls, embedded apps and/or widgets that are hidden do not need to be tested for focus order.|
|Rule ID||Focus 1|
|Definition||The sequential focus order of links, form controls, embedded apps and widgets must be meaningful.|
|WCAG Success Criteria|
|Rule Category||Keyboard Support|
|Element Identifier||Result||Element Position||Message|
- Element Identifier
- Information about the element associated with the result.
- The information typically includes the tag name, accessible name or other information related to the rule requirements.
- "Page" means that the result applied to the page. For example, the rule "One main landmark on the page" is a page level rule.
- Element Position
- The element position is based on the DOM order of elements in the page.
- The element position maybe useful in helping to locate a specific element on the page evaluated (e.g smaller numbers are typically toward the beginning of a page and larger numbers typically toward the end of a page).
- Element position 1 is the first element.
- The highest element position is the last element.
- Element position values for most rule/page results will not be consecutive since a rule only applies to a sub set of elements found on a page.