|Color must not be the only way to convey information on the page.
- For people with color blindness and other forms of visual impairments will not be able to see colors or color differences.
- This requirement also includes references to color of content on page to identify some type of information, there should be redundant labeling of the content, for example using text labels to also identify and refer to the information.
|WCAG Success Criteria
1.4.1 Use of Color (Level A, Primary Success Criterion)
Any content on the page that refers to or is a specific color
- Provide redundant text labels for content presented in color, it the color is presenting meaningful information.
- Use background patterns to also identify information.
- Verify the page does not use color alone to identify or refer to information on the page.