video elements used for prerecorded video only content must have text or audio description of the video content.
- Text and audio descriptions provide a means for people who cannot see the video to understand the video content.
- Some types of learning disabilities affect visual processing, text and audio descriptions provide an alternative way to understand the video content.
HTML4 Legacy Techniques
HTML5 and ARIA Techniques
|WCAG Success Criteria
1.2.1 Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded) (Level A, Primary Success Criterion)
- Use the
track element to add audio descriptions to the video content.
aria-describedby to reference a text description of the video content.
- Include an audio sound track that describes the video content.
- When audio descriptions are enabled on the media player, check to make sure the audio description can be heard.
- If there is a audio description make sure the description accurately describes the video content.
- If there is a text description make sure the description accurately describes the video content.