- Updated to OpenAjax Evaluation Library 1.1.0, which include the following changes:
HTML Element Rule Changes
i elements (HTML 1): Removed rule from both rulesets,
i elements are defined in HTML5 and have there own unique semantics.
Keyboard Rule Changes
- Widgets must have keyboard support required by their roles (Keyboard 1): Has been changed to only generate manual checks.
Layout Rule Changes
- Layout tables must have meaningful sequence (Layout 1): Updated purpose messaging to help make rule requirements clearer.
- Verify aria-flowto supports reading order (Layout 3): Added new rule to verify reflow of content.
Landmark Rule Changes
- All content must be contained in landmarks (Landmark 2): Updated rule to not include the element
Widget Rule Changes
- Verify live region is appropriate (Widget 14): Added new rule to verify the use of live regions.
- Added information about non-HTML files (e.g. PDF, Microsoft Office, video, audio...) linked to pages in the website.
The file information can be found in the "URL Evaluation Information" page.
- "URL Evaluation Information" page has been regorganized and labeling of sections updated.
- Fixed some template bugs for reporting element level summary results (e.g. page totals) for manual checks.
- Updated to fae-util to use HTMLUnit 2.25.
- Fixed bug with initializing starting URL for reports, which was most notable for single page reports when the starting URL has a path.
- Fixed single page summary report formatting problems.
- Increased capabilities of the FREE account type.
- Simiplied subscriptions to be just "Standard" and "Advanced".
- Updated user interface styling and layout.
- Integrated "Advanced Run" features in to the standard "Run FAE" page.
- Updated the labeling of form controls in Run FAE form.
- Updated the format of the Report Information section at the top of each page in a report.
- Added URL "path" filter to URL filtering capabilities of FAE. NOTE: When a path is present in the input URL the ability to follow sub domains is not available.
- Added information to reports that not all URLs in the website were evaluated, basically the max page feature limited the number of pages included.
- Fixed styling problems in template for usage statistics.
- Added hide/show widget to provide more information about form control options.
- Added "column definitions" section for page level rule results views.
- Updated to fae-util to use HTMLUnit 2.24.
- Added FAQ page under Abouts menu.
- Clarified Implementation Score calculation.
- Enabled subscription service for FAE 2.0.
- Added annoucement utility.
- Updated form control and link focus styling.
- Added account types to configure spidering depth and maximum number of pages.
- Added support for subscriptions and credit card payment.
- Fixed bug in password reset functions.
- Added advanced run view for higher level account types.
- Updated to Version 1.0.0 of the OpenAjax evaluation library.
- Updated to fae-util to use HTMLUnit 2.23.
- Added increased depth feature for higher level accounts.
- Added run advanced report, provding more control over which sub-domains are included in the evaluation and which are excluded.
- Updated to Version 1.0.0-beta.6 of the OpenAjax evaluation library.
- Updated to fae-util to use HTMLUnit 2.21.
- Added E-mail link to share a report.
- Support Shibboleth authentication.
- Implementation score now includes manual checks in score calculation.
- Delete reports directly from "Manage Reports".
- Added "maximum pages" feature when requesting report.
- Improved usage statistics.
- Improved contact form, users can now view there contacts and responses.
- Refactored code for open source distribution.
- Updated to fae-util to use HTMLUnit 1.19.
- Source code available from GitHub.com at https://github.com/opena11y/fae2.
- Updated to Version 1.0.0-beta.5 of the OpenAjax evaluation library.
- Updated OpenAjax Evaluation Library to Version 1.0.0-beta.3, has updated the following rules:
- Frame 1: frame must have accessible name (new).
- Frame 2: iframe must have accessible name (new).
- Image 1: Images must have alt text (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Image 2: Alt text must summarize purpose (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Image 5: Verify image is decorative (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Image 6: Long description for complex images (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Image 7: Use MathML for mathematical expressions (new).
- Keyboard 2: Behaviors supported by keyboard (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Landmark 2: All content must be contained in landmarks (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Landmark 16: region landmark must have accessible name (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Landmark 17: Landmarks must be uniquely identifiable (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Landmark 18: Landmarks must identify content regions (Not new, but extensively modified).
- Link 1: Link text must be descriptive (extensively modified).
- List 1: Use list markup semantically (new).
- List 2: Labeling lists (new).
- Order 1: Reading order: CSS positioning (new).
- Updated Ruleset view.
- Updated OpenAjax Evaluation Library to Version 0.9.9.2:
- Changed heading rule 5 to be required in ARIA + HTML5 ruleset.
- Fixed grammar in summaries for VIDEO 8 and 9 rules.
- Changed heading rule 5 to have primary relationship with WCAG SC 1.3.1 (was 2.4.6).
- Updated visibility calculation to include test on the height of the text (e.g. text with 0 height does not need to be tested for color contrast).
- Moved role semantic restriction rules from landmark to style/content rule category.
- Added rules for frame and iframe having accessible names.
- Fixed bug in incorrectly identifying header and footer elements inside sectioning elements as landmarks.
- Updated landmark messaging to improve the identification of techniques to create landmarks.
- Added landmark 19 rule: landmarks must be descriptive of the sections they identify.
- Updated widget rule 1 to use "label" instead of "accessible name", reference WCAG 2.0 ARAI techniques and element messaging uses XXX element with YYY widget role.
- Added widget rule 12 to verify labels for elements with widget roles are descriptive.
- Fixed Table Rule 1 to also allow the use of the headers attribute to define headers in simple data tables.
- Reimplementation of Keyboard Rule 3 on page being keyboard operable, basically identifying any elements with events or tab index values other than 0.
- Updated keyboard rule 1 to correctly test for the potential of keyboard event handlers on owned children.
- Removed keyboard 2 rule since HTML5 requires a default value of tabindex=-1, basically any element can receive focus.
- Moved keyboard rule 3 -> keyboard rule 2 since keyboard rule 2 was removed.
- Moved keyboard rule 4 -> keyboard rule 3 since keyboard rule 3 was removed.
- Added list rule 1 for using semantically meaningful list markup on the page.
- Added list rule 2 about manual tests for labeling a list container.
- Added reading order rule 1 to evaluation library.
- Updated fae-util to latest version, now uses HTMLUnit 2.18.
- Updated ruleset views to include related rule information.
- Updated OpenAjax Evaluation Library to Version 0.9.9.1:
- Updated HTML5 element role restriction rules not to result in PASS, only FAIL or MANUAL checks.
- Updated HTML5 element role restriction rule messaging to emphasize the correct us of
semantics and overriding default HTML5 sectioning rules.
- Updated data table rule (TABLE 2) to support complex data tables from rules.
- Updated audio NLS to include element level HIDDEN message for audio rules 2 and 3.
- In aria strict ruleset changed heading 5 rule to be recommended (header nesting page) to recommended and changed heading rule 8 to required (header nesting in landmarks) to be required..
- Added form element to Landmark rule 18 landmark role restrictions.
- Fixed messaging bugs with LANDMARK 8 rule .
- Fixed bug in calculating accessible name when LABEL elements are empty and multiple LABEL references.
- Added "landmark" property to represent the computed landmark value for an element.
- Updated all landmark rules to use the computed "landmark" value instead or role value
and heading rules that are dependent on landmark information.
- Support HTML5 sectioning elements for their default landmark roles in landmark rules.
- Improved consistency of landmark rule messaging.
- Fixed data table naming rule (TABLE_2) that was only testing simple data tables, now also
tests complex data tables.
- Updated fae-util to latest version, now uses HTMLUnit 2.16.
- Updated ruleset views to include related rule information.
- Added information about the announcement and discussion e-mail lists.
- Added links to the FAE 2.0 and OpenAjax Evaluation Library issues list.
- Improved DL/DT/DD styling.
- Fixed aria-sort property problem bug not updating correctly.
- Updated OpenAjax Evaluation Library to version 0.9.8.1
- Fixed undeclared variable in LANDMARK RULE 3.
- Fixed undefined function error with Link Cache calculation by testing for type String.
- Fixed bug with button element accessible name calculation, now supports aria-label, aria-labelledby and title attributes.
- Updated registration response to provide information about how to unsubscribe to the announcements list.
- Contact messages include e-mail of user for easier response to message.
- Added URL referral feature to allow embedding a link in a web page to have the page evaluated by FAE 2.0 when the link is selected (note: generates an anonymous single page report).
- Improved internal website link and name references to use database "site" information.
- Added references to AInspector Sidebar in page level result views and in about menu.
- Updated OpenAjax library to version 0.9.8 of the library
- Added BYPASS_1 rule that supports "SkipTo" script and internal linking.
- Updated table cache to provide better support for CAPTION element and SUMMARY attribute.
for naming and describing tables and table titling rules now use this information in
rule evaluation and results.
- Updated TABLE_5 to result in manual check for tables that contain only one row or column.
- Removed the concept of "large" data table from library and rules.
- Added two rules to table data rules for:
- Split simple and complex data table heading requirements out of TABLE 1 rule
- TABLE 1 is just about headings for simple data tables and updated messaging to reflect changes
- New TABLE 7 is just about headings for complex data tables
- New TABLE 8 is about accessible name beting different from accesible description
- Updated for CONTROL_3 to include title attribute as another group titling technique.
- Updated labeling references for form control labeling rules to include references to
ARIA labeling specifications.
- Fixed bug with name calculation for links includes TITLE attribute.
- Updated LANDMARK_3 rule to be not applicable if no or less than 4 links found on a page.
- Updated CONTROL_5 to fail form controls with duplicate IDs when they are hidden, improved messaging.
- IMPORTANT: Report quotas now will be enforced (e.g. 5 permanent reports, last 5 reports run).
- Updated OpenAjax library to version 0.9.7.4 of the library
- Removed BASIC ruleset.
- Updated titles and descriptions of ARIA_STRICT and ARIA_TRANS ruleset.
- Removed WIDGET 12 from ARIA_TRANS ruleset.
- Changed conditional landmark rules to be recommended in ARIA_TRANS ruleset.
- Move FOCUS 2 rule to keyboard support rule category.
- NAVIGATION 3 and 5 rules are now required in both rulesets.
- Fixed bugs in other rules.
- "Basic" ruleset removed from "Run" options.
- Added links to view rule details in "Rulesets" view.
- Report status automatically updated (e.g. no page refresh required) and provide information on how many pages have been analyzed in real time to show progress.
- Added "Get Last Report Settings" button to the run report form, to provide a way to import previously used settings.
- Updated OpenAjax library to version 0.9.7.2 of the library.
- Export reports to an JSON or XML format.
- Table sorting features to reorder rows by column values.
- Updated user interface using bootstrap.js to improve response to different screen sizes.
- “SkipTo” feature for keyboard only navigation.
- Updated OpenAjax library.
- Updated OpenAjax library to version 0.9.4, including ARIA + Lnndmarks ruleset.
- Additional user options for viewing report information.
- Improved backend administration tools.
- Initial Release with the OpenAjax Evaluation Library.