|Text content must exceed Color Contrast Ratio (CCR) of 3.1 for large and/or bolded text and 4.5 for any other size or style of text.
- The higher the color contrast of text the more easy it is to read, especially for people with visual impairments.
HTML4 Legacy Techniques
HTML5 and ARIA Techniques
|WCAG Success Criteria
1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) (Level AA, Primary Success Criterion)
All elements with text content
- Change the foreground color to a more complementary color to the background color.
- Change the background color to a more complementary color to the foreground color.
- Remove background images or verify they do not compromise color contrast requirements.
- Use graphic editing tools to analyze the color(s) of the background image and then recacluate the CCR with the range of colors in the background image.
- Verify the range of colors that could be part of the background of text is have a CCR > 4.5.