marquee elements must be removed to improve readability of content.
- Automatically moving text cannot be read by many people with visual impairments or by people with learning disabilities that affect reading.
HTML4 Legacy Techniques
HTML5 and ARIA Techniques
|WCAG Success Criteria
2.3.1 Three Flashes or Below Threshold (Level A, Primary Success Criterion)
- Replace the
marquee element with a standard HTML element and use CSS techniques to style the content.
- By default, when the page loads, the marquee should be paused.
- Provide a means to see all of the content in the marquee at one time.
- Verify that when the page loads, the content is not scrolling.
- Verify that there are start and pause buttons that start and stop the scrolling of content.