|Consistent labeling of landmarks across all pages in a website.
- One of the fundamental features of the web is the provision of easy access to useful information. Consistent labeling of comparable landmark-identified content across all pages of a website will make it easier for people to find information they are seeking and to navigate between and within pages.
HTML4 Legacy Techniques
HTML5 and ARIA Techniques
|WCAG Success Criteria
3.2.4 Consistent Identification (Level AA, Primary Success Criterion)
- Most pages have sections associated with the
contentinfo landmarks in your page templates for the website.
- If the page includes a website search form, use the
- Landmarks only need labels (using
aria-labelledby) if there is more than one landmark of the same type on a page.
- If landmarks have labels, use consistent labeling of the landmarks across all pages within the website.
- Verify that the main content of the page is contained within the
- Verify that recurring content at the top of each page is contained within a
- Verify that website navigational links are contained within
- Verify that recurring content at the bottom of each page is contained within a
- Verify that if a landmark has a label and there are comparable landmarks on other pages in the website, the labels are the same on each page.